Short film series
CIOB’s Short film series.
AG Midgley worked with, and received a commendation from the CIOB to coordinate a section of a short film series on disputes in the construction industry.
The movie features questions from David Woolven of The Bartlett School of Construction and Project Management, discussions by Professor David Mosey of King’s College London, as well as Matt Molloy of MCMC.
The movie addresses the following key questions:
- Are disputes an unavoidable consequence of the nature of the construction process and the contracts used or can they be avoided?
- Which situations create the most disputes on projects ?
- How effective are Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) mechanisms for resolving disputes?
- Have the principles of trust and ethics have been fully embraced by all parts of the construction industry?
- Have the collaborative ways of working (such as frameworks, partnership & alliances) been effective at reducing conflicts and disputes?
- Are the standard forms of contract (drafted to be fair to all parties) too often modified by clients’ legal advisers?
In addressing these questions, it touches on key topics including, Adjudication, ADR, Arbitration, Construction Law, Dispute avoidance and Mediation.